[infra][tact-sig][kolla] Kayobe CI failing on vexxhost

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Feb 25 16:40:11 UTC 2021

On 2021-02-25 16:17:33 +0000 (+0000), Mark Goddard wrote:
[...]
> If you read the original message, I don't feel that it ascribed
> blame to any party, only a description of what I have found in my
> investigation to date.

You said you had an unspecified bug reproducible in one of our donor
providers, and wanted to know how to only run that job in providers
where it would succeed. Seemed like blame to me. If your goal is to
only have jobs which succeed, then there are lots of options. I'll
assume that's not your actual goal though.

> I'm investigating the issue, but was putting feelers out for
> anyone who might have seen something similar. It was lacking in
> detail, for sure. I'm not at a computer at the moment, but I'll
> provide more information when I am.
[...]

Please do. I'd like to help, and to figure out if this is indicative
of a broader problem within our infrastructure, but some detail is
necessary before I (or anyone) can do that.

For Vexxhost specifically, there was a recent flavor change which
significantly increased the amount of RAM available on our nodes
booted there. This went into effect when
https://review.opendev.org/773710 merged on 2021-02-02, so if that
roughly coincides with the appearance of your new bug then
memory-related concurrency or configuration decisions might be a
good place to start looking, as they could easily be exposed in that
provider and not others.
--
Jeremy Stanley