[victoria][cinder] Default Storage type

Malik Obaid malikobaidadil at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 11:05:29 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am creating nova instance with cinder backed iscsi storage. I have
created multiple storage types. But my launched instance from image use
storage type __DEFAULT__ for flavor's root volume.

I have changed default_volume_type to mystoragetype in cinder.conf but
instances root volume still goes in __DEFAULT__ storage type.

However new volume creation in mystoragetype is successful.

Need help, how can I set instance root volume storage type during its
deployment ?

Regards,

Malik Obaid