[magnum] status fail if images are marked with community

feilong feilong at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Feb 16 23:26:54 UTC 2021

Hi Ionut,

Not sure if the 'community' image is a bug, but based on my
understanding. The image must be accessible by Nova/Heat to rebuild the
instance by the Magnum auto healer.

After changed the image back to public, the cluster should be
repairable. The error you're seeing "Updating a cluster when status is
"UPDATE_FAILED" is not supported", I guess it's not reported by the
repairing action, but the health status update action. They are different.

You can manually fix the cluster by a manual resize for the cluster. For
example, if you have 3 worker nodes at this moment, then you can just
try command 'openstack coe cluster resize <clusterID> 3' to do a "fake"
resizing. Then the cluster will be updated to the correct status. Hope
that help.

--
Cheers & Best regards,
Feilong Wang (王飞龙)
Email: flwang at catalyst.net.nz
Catalyst IT Limited
Level 6, Catalyst House, 150 Willis Street, Wellington