[largescale-sig] OpenStack DB Archiver

Belmiro Moreira moreira.belmiro.email.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 11:37:03 UTC 2021

Hi,
at CERN, Nova shadow tables are used to keep the deleted entries for 30
days.
We have a cronjob, that runs every day, to move the deleted rows into the
shadow tables and purge them using nova-manage (deleted rows are kept in
the shadow tables for 30 days).

For other projects that keep deleted rows but don't have shadow tables, for
example Glance, we purge the tables everyday with glance-manage (again,
keeping the deleted rows for 30 days).

Belmiro