[stein][hypervisor] Post successful stein deployment Openstack hypervisor list is empty

roshan anvekar roshananvekar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 11:03:27 UTC 2021

No, I don't have these tools enabled to check the placement allocation and
resources. I can try to.

Meanwhile is there some configuration to be set in stein release as opposed
to rocky towards cells or placement ?

On the same nodes rocky was installed and it worked fine straight out of
box. Stein is showing issues with controllers and says "Failed to
compute_task_build_instances: No valid host was found." under
nova-conductor.log.

Also under nova-scheduler.log I could see a single info entry: " Got no
allocation candidates from the Placement API. This could be due to
insufficient resources or a temporary occurence as compute nodes start up."

But I do see that all compute nodes are enabled and is up.