[stein][manila] share migration misconfiguration ?

Ignazio Cassano ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 16:58:48 UTC 2021

Hello All,
I am trying to migrate a share between a netapp backend to another.
Both backends are configured in my manila.conf.
I am able to create share on both, but I am not able to migrate share
between them.
I am using DSSH=False.
I did not understand how host and driver assisted migration work and what
"data_node_access_ip" means.
The share I want to migrate is on a network (10.102.186.0/24) that I can
reach by my management controllers network (10.102.184.0/24). I Can mount
share from my controllers and I can mount also the netapp SVM where the
share is located.
So in the data_node_access_ip I wrote the list of my controllers management
ips.
During the migrate phase I checked if my controller where manila is running
mounts the share or the netapp SVM but It does not happen.
Please, what is my mistake ?
Thanks
Ignazio