[kolla-ansible][cinder] MPIO - how to set "storage_interface" when using two NICs for storage connection

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 08:36:59 UTC 2021

Hi Adam,

The ``storage_interface`` variable is only used to set the default of
``swift_storage_interface`` and, in turn,
``swift_replication_interface`` by default as well, i.e., it controls
where swift will offer its services (and possibly where the
replication backbone will be). [1]
It is irrelevant to block (volume) storage interfaces.

Enabling multipathing (via enable_multipathd) should be sufficient in
your case, as long as the targets advertise multiple paths.

Please let us know how the cinder guide could be improved. [2]

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/xena/admin/production-architecture-guide.html
[2] https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/xena/reference/storage/cinder-guide.html

Kind regards,
-yoctozepto