Networks for different availability zones in Horizon

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Sun Dec 19 00:31:13 UTC 2021

On Sat, 2021-12-18 at 13:45 -0600, hai wu wrote:
> In Horizon "Launch Instance" workflow, in its 4th step of selecting
> networks for the new instance, it would always show all the available
> networks from all availability zones, regardless of which
> "Availability Zone" got picked in 1st step of "Details".
>
> I tried to update some DB field for availability zone hint for the
> relevant network, and that did not help.
>
> Any way to ensure in Horizon "Launch Instance" GUI workflow, after a
> user picking one availability zone in step 1, it would only show the
> related networks in that availability zone as available networks in
> step 4?

networks do not have any affinity to Avaiablity Zones.
there is no mapping between neutron physnets and nova host aggreates which are use to
model aviablityitz zones.

when using tunneled networks like vxlan it is assuems that all hosts in a cloud acorss all avaiablity zones can access
any tenant vxlan network. the same is also ture of vlan or flat network the only excption being that htey have physnet
assocaited with them. physnets may not be aviable on all host but there is corralation between phsynets and aviaablity zones.
unless you manually algin them.