Swift Account Reaper Deletion Status

Matthew Grinnell mgrinnell at datto.com
Wed Dec 8 18:36:17 UTC 2021

Hello,

I was curious about expected account-reaper behavior after deleting an
account and if there is a way to be able to tell when all data for the
account has been reaped. When I issue a delete on a swift account, I see
subsequent HEAD requests on the account then return 410 Gone.  Testing with
debug logging I can see that after passing the delay_reaping time I see the
reaper report my test object is deleted, HEAD requests against the account
still return the same 410 Gone.  Is there a way to tell when everything for
an account has been purged, ie does the 410 return change at some point
when that happens?

Thanks,
Matt