[nova] Spawning instance that will do PXE booting

Christian Rohmann christian.rohmann at inovex.de
Wed Dec 8 16:12:19 UTC 2021

On 03/12/2021 21:01, Cedric Lemarchand wrote:
> We faced the same use case, and we end up doing something like this:
>
> - disable security on the network provider (or on the instance port
> where pxe boot is needed)
> - deploy or rescue the intance with an ipxe image

As for DHCP, you can very much use the OpenStack DHCP and just set the
options like next-server / server-ip-address

  *
https://docs.openstack.org/api-ref/network/v2/?expanded=update-port-detail#extra-dhcp-option-extra-dhcp-opt-extension
  * https://docs.openstack.org/neutron/latest/ovn/dhcp_opts.html

and this IP then points to your VM with the TFTP and other PXE / iPXE
tooling running.

Regards

Christian