[kolla] Dropping support for vmtp in Yoga

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 15:39:53 UTC 2021

Dear Users of Kolla!

The Kolla project, so far, provided vmtp [1] image and ansible role.
However, the status of those has been unknown (the ansible role looks
pretty stale, still referencing ubuntu 16.04!) and now the vmtp image
is failing to build so we are forced to disable it. [2]
The project itself [1] looks rather unmaintained and it's outside of
the openstack namespace so our plan is to drop support for it entirely
in this cycle (Yoga).

Please reply to this mail if you are using vmtp with Kolla in some
recent release and are willing to contribute to let us keep supporting
it.

[1] https://opendev.org/x/vmtp
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/kolla/+/820043

Kind regards,