[cinder][nova] fsfreeze hooks issues with cinder snapshot/backup

Sofia Enriquez senrique at redhat.com
Tue Aug 31 15:19:54 UTC 2021

Hello,

As far as I can see cinder hasn't implemented this. However, I'm not sure
about the status of this feature because the last update was on 2014[1]

I think it's important to mention that this would only affect the live
snapshots (handled by Nova) but for any other scenario every cinder driver
optimized the snapshot/backup creation in a different way.

This sounds like a good PTG discussion topic.  You can add it to the
planning etherpad here:
https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/yoga-ptg-cinder-planning

There's also info about the dates and times we'll be meeting on that
etherpad.

Cheers,
Sofia

[1]