Tenant vlan Network Issue

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Mon Aug 30 06:49:59 UTC 2021

Hi,

You can use vlan as tenant network too. But You have to remember that vlan is
provider network, which means that You need to have configured vlans on Your
network infrastructure too. And in case of tenant network, Neutron will
automatically allocate one of the vlan ids to the network as user don't have
possibility to choose vlan id for network (at least that's default policy in
Neutron).
So, You should check what vlan id is used by such tenant network, check if
this vlan is properly confiugred on Your switches and then, if all is good,
check where exactly such dhcp requests are dropped (are they going from
compute node? are packets comming to the node with dhcp agent?). Base on that
You can narrow down where the issue can be.

--
Slawek Kaplonski
Principal Software Engineer