[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 27th Aug, 21: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Aug 27 18:45:18 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============
* TC held this week's IRC meeting on Aug 26th Thursday.

* Most of the meeting discussions are summarized in the below sections (Completed or in-progress activities
section). To know more details, you can check the full log @
- https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2021/tc.2021-08-26-15.00.log.html
* We will have next week's meeting (Video call) on Sept 2nd, Thursday 15:00 UTC, feel free the topic
in agenda [1] by Sept 1st.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* "Secure RBAC" is selected as one of the community wide goal for Yoga cycle[2].
* TC discussed and agreed on having monthly (1st meeting of every month) Video meeting. First
Video meeting on 2nd Sept (next week meeting I will send the joining detail next week). The rest
of other weeks meeting will be on IRC.

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Xena cycle
------------------------------
TC is using the etherpad[3] for Xena cycle working item. We will be checking and updating
the status biweekly in the same etherpad.

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Four open reviews for ongoing activities[4].

Combined PTL/TC Election Season for Yoga
* TC election results are out (no election this time)[5].
* PTL election are going on, Cyborg project will have election.

New project application: 'Venus'
--------------------------------------
* There is a new project application called 'Venus': Log management service[6].
* Governance patch is also up with all the details[7] and discussion going on.
* If you have any queries on this, this is the right time to ask on the ML thread or on Gerrit.

Collecting Pain points from projects/SIGs/pop-up
* We have lot of pain points from different projects as listed in etherpad[8].
* As next step, we are going to identify the common pain point which can be targeted as
community-wide goal.
* Join us in discussion in next week meeting and do not miss to read Rico detail email on this[9].

Project updates
-------------------
* Retiring js-openstack-lib [10]
* Retire puppet-monasca[11]

Yoga release community-wide goal
* Please add the possible candidates in this etherpad [12].
* Current status: "Secure RBAC" is selected for Yoga cycle[13].

PTG planning
----------------
* We are collecting the PTG topics in etherpad[14], feel free to add any topic you would like to discuss.

Test support for TLS default:
----------------------------------
* Rico has started a separate email thread over testing with tls-proxy enabled[15], we encourage projects
to participate in that testing and help to enable the tls-proxy in gate testing.

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[16].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [17]
3. Office hours: The Technical Committee offers a weekly office hour every Tuesday at 0100 UTC [18]
4. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/803783
[3] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-xena-tracker
[4] https://review.opendev.org/q/project:openstack/governance+status:open