[election][puppet] PTL Candidacy for Yoga

Tobias Urdin tobias.urdin at binero.com
Thu Aug 26 07:41:28 UTC 2021

Hello,

Even though the PTL nomination period is over, I would like to submit my candidacy for Puppet OpenStack in the
hope that you will have me.

I’ve been involved in OpenStack since around 2014, got involved with Puppet OpenStack in 2016, has been a
core reviewer since 2018 and also held the PTL position for the Stein cycle.

The Puppet OpenStack project is in a very mature state, the majority of our work is staying up-to-date with the
constant changes to configuration options and general deployment topology changes but the interface itself is
considered very stable and we have a very rigorous stable backport policy that helps us.

We have a lot of major work done the last cycles, moving to CentOS 8, moving to CentOS Stream, adding support
for Puppet 7 etc. We’ve also seen a major amount of cleanup and fixes to the policy (JSON to YAML) code (thanks Takashi!).

The Puppet OpenStack team is limited and we therefore don’t hold any meetings and instead rely on the #puppet-openstack
IRC channel for communications (come and say hello!).

Best regards
Tobias Urdin, Binero

——

In the hopes that this will help the TC when following the leaderless-program policy for appointing a PTL.
This candidacy is available in review: https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/election/+/806099