[election][kuryr] PTL Candidacy for Yoga

Maysa De Macedo Souza mdemaced at redhat.com
Mon Aug 23 20:39:00 UTC 2021

Hello OpenStack community,

I would like to continue serving as Kuryr PTL for the Yoga cycle.

I have started serving as Kuryr PTL in the Wallaby cycle. It has been a
great

opportunity to contribute back to the community as PTL and I would like

to continue doing that.

In the Xena cycle we achieved the following goals:

 * CI improvements: started moving gates to use OVN by default while

   still having a few supporting OVS.

 * Dev env improvements: Support for Kubeadm for DevStack installations.

 * Extended features in Kuryr: Support to reconcile Load Balancer with

   respective Kubernetes Service, improvement on the Kuryr logs.

 * Increased diversity of contributors with great addition of contributors

from the Outreachy program.

For the next cycle, I propose the following goals for Kuryr:

 * Improve CI: we already did great improvements,

   but we must continuously work on it to provide better and

   quicker feedback during the development process.

 * Migrate CNI code from pyroute2.IPDB to NDB; Add support to reconciliation

   of other Kubernetes resources; Reduce OpenStack resource usage; Provide

   better debugging by relying on Kubernetes events.

Thank you for your consideration.

Kind regards,
Maysa Macedo