[murano][tc] Project Retirement

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Aug 18 13:08:25 UTC 2021

Rong Zhu wrote:
> Sorry for my late response, I am a little bit busy for internal works
> recently.
>
> If TC has decided to retire murano, I have no objection. But If TC think
> someone can keep maintain it and not retire, I am glad to keeping
> maintain Murano project. Please reconsider this.

For the record, I don't think there is an urgent need to retire Murano
as long as it is maintained, fills community goals, hits release
requirements, and is functional.

Like mnaser said, it is a bit off in the modern landscape of application
deployment technology, so I don't think it's a priority anymore -- if
its continued existence blocked people from focusing on more critical
components, I would support removing it. But based on Rong Zhu's
response I'm not sure that's the case.

--
Thierry