答复: [venus] Project Progress

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Aug 16 15:28:34 UTC 2021

On 2021-08-16 10:12:23 -0500 (-0500), Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
[...]
> On inclusion of non-official project. in Kolla, +1 on discussing
> it with Kolla team in their meeting. In case it help, we have
> added non-official projects in OpenStack Charms before -
> https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/720533
[...]

If you think about it though, deployment projects generally install
plenty of software which isn't part of an official deliverable for
one of our project teams (as dependencies or even just useful
add-ons for the deployment). An obvious example: would we require
a deployment project to ask permission from the TC to install
MySQL/MariaDB? Those certainly aren't OpenStack projects, but you'd
be hard-pressed to find a production OpenStack deployment without
some variety of RDBMS.
--
Jeremy Stanley