[Kolla-Ansible][Ironic] Baremetal node Cleaning fails in UEFI mode, but succeeds in Legacy Bios Mode

Mark Goddard mark at stackhpc.com
Mon Aug 16 08:22:14 UTC 2021

Hi Anirudh,

Are you using CentOS 8? The iPXE EFI bootloader file is
named ipxe-x86_64.efi there, so a TFTP request for ipxe.efi will fail.

Could you try setting the following in ironic.conf:

[pxe]
uefi_ipxe_bootfile_name =  ipxe-x86_64.efi

If this works, we should change it in kolla-ansible. Would you be able to
propose the change via Gerrit?

Mark