[manila] We're having an OSC Hack-a-thon - Aug 18-20th 2021

Goutham Pacha Ravi gouthampravi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 07:34:18 UTC 2021

Hi Zorillas and other interested stackers,

tl;dr:
- We're swarming to add missing OSC commands to python-manilaclient between
18th-20th Aug 2021, join us.
- Kick-off Aug 18th at 1400 UTC, Mid-point check Aug 19th, 1500 UTC,
Close-out Aug 20th, 1500 UTC on
https://meetpad.opendev.org/manila-xena-hackathon

Now for the longer version:

As discussed at our IRC meeting today [1], I'm excited to share the nitty
gritties of the upcoming OSC hack-a-thon. We'd be delighted to welcome
existing and new contributors to come join us in the quest to achieve CLI
parity in the OpenStackClient plugin within python-manilaclient.

The work is being tracked here:
https://tree.taiga.io/project/gouthampacha-openstack-manila-osc-integration-with-python-manilaclient/kanban

The commands we're targeting are also featured in a specification:
https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/manila-specs/specs/release_independent/manila-support-openstackclient.html

The fine print for the hack-a-thon:

- Maari Tamm has been the force behind this effort so far, and she's put up
a very helpful "Getting Started" wiki [2] that we intend to expand through
the hack-a-thon and finally add to the project's Contributor Docs. There
are also several examples of recent additions [3][4][5] that could serve as
inspiration.
- You're free to create, claim and edit Taiga cards for the implementation
you're chasing, we highly recommend picking only one card, and not claiming
something someone else already has. Please reach out to gouthamr/maaritamm
if you have to be added to the taiga board.
- Also, Add yourself as a "watcher" to two other Taiga cards that someone
else is implementing, this will mean that you will be a code reviewer on
these implementations!
- You can work in teams - min size: 1, max size: 3
- You can submit code between Aug 18th 1200 UTC and Aug 21st 1200 UTC to
count towards this hack-a-thon
- A day before the hack-a-thon, a few of us will gather to prep taiga.io
cards, communicate with owners if there are conflicts, pre-reqs, etc.
- During the hack-a-thon, we'll use #openstack-manila on OFTC to chat, and
hop onto a meetpad room: https://meetpad.opendev.org/manila-xena-hackathon
when required.
- We'll have a half-hour kick-off session on Aug 18th at 1400 UTC
- We'll use the manila community meeting hour as a mid-point status check
(Aug 19th, 1500 UTC)
- We'll have a half-hour close out meeting to discuss reviews, AIs and
futures (grab your beers) (Aug 20th, 1500 UTC)

I'm quite excited to participate in this, and I hope you are too. Please
feel free to reach out here or on OFTC's #openstack-manila if you have any
questions!

Thanks,
Goutham

[1]