[murano][tc] Project Retirement

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Thu Aug 12 15:56:14 UTC 2021

Hi folks,

Today, at the TC weekly meeting, it was brought up that Murano was not
very active over the past few years and most likely has had a major
amount of bitrot.  The community is not able to reach the current PTL
of the project either.

Personally, I think that at this point, Murano is a bit past it's
time.  We've got a lot more developments in application deployment
nowadays, OpenStack offers things like Magnum to get a Kubernetes
cluster which you can run workloads on via Helm, or projects like Zun
offer serverlerss containers directly, making a lot of what Murano
used to do not so helpful in the current landscape.

I'm sending this email to discuss/propose the idea of retiring the project.

Regards,
Mohammed

--
Mohammed Naser