how to update existing vm instances 'availability_zone' field in nova database 'instances' table

hai wu haiwu.us at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 13:50:40 UTC 2021

Thanks Tobias! I was wondering about this 'request_specs' table
before, and 'availability_zone' in its blob for those VMs were NULL
value IIRC, and I don't know how to update it before. I am not sure
how to use oslo_versionedobjects to update it.

So basically there would be no way for us to use new
'availability_zone' aggregate name later for hypervisor hosts?

I finally worked around this issue by removing hosts from new
availability zone name, which by default put those hosts back to
`nova` zone, and that ensured the live migration process working
again. This is not ideal, but is now working.

Thanks,
Hai