how to update existing vm instances 'availability_zone' field in nova database 'instances' table

hai wu haiwu.us at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 19:24:09 UTC 2021

It seems this 'AvailabilityZoneFilter' is really buggy. The
'instances' table 'availability_zone' field was already updated to
match the target desired zone name, but 'AvailabilityZoneFilter' kept
rejecting the request. I already restarted nova-api, nova-conductor,
nova-scheduler services after updating this database field value, but
that's not helpful.

In the source code in file
'/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/nova/scheduler/filters/availability_zone_filter.py',
how does 'spec_obj' got its availability_zone value? I don't
understand this particular code. This issue is really frustrating ..
    def host_passes(self, host_state, spec_obj):
        availability_zone = spec_obj.availability_zone