[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 6th Aug, 21: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Aug 6 18:04:23 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone,

Here is last week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. What we completed this week:
=========================
* Added tap-as-a-service back to neutron stadium[1]
* Defined Yoga release testing runtime[2]
* Migration from Freenode to OFTC[3]. Only a few repo patches are pending to merge and can be merged in their own time[4].

2. TC Meetings:
============
* TC held this week meeting on Thursday; you can find the full meeting logs in the below link:
- https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2021/tc.2021-08-05-15.00.log.html

* We will have next week's meeting on Aug 12th, Thursday 15:00 UTC[5].

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Xena cycle
------------------------------
TC is using the etherpad[6] for Xena cycle working item. We will be checking and updating
the status biweekly in the same etherpad.

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Two open reviews for ongoing activities[7].

Wallaby testing runtime for centos8 vs centos8-stream
* Centos8 which is testing runtime for stable/wallaby cannot run on stable/wallaby testing anymore[8].
* We are discussing in TC whether to update the wallaby testing runtime from centos8->centos8-stream or stop testing
centos8 itself. We will continue discussing it in the next TC meeting, feel free to join us if you have any input on this topic.

Project Skyline(dashboard) proposal
* This is a new proposal about a new GUI for OpenStack name 'Skyline'. Discussion is in the initial stage and TC is not so clear
if it is a proposal for a new separate project application or new repo/deliverables within the Horizon project. As the next step,
TC asked to start the ML thread with all the details and then we can continue the discussion.
* Meanwhile we will continue the discussion of 'required things (zuul, devstack integration etc ) we need to know about this proposal'
in the next TC meeting

Project updates
-------------------
* Retiring js-openstack-lib [9]

Yoga release community-wide goal
* Please add the possible candidates in this etherpad [10].
* Current status: Proposed "Secure RBAC" to select for Yoga cycle[11].

PTG planning
----------------
* TC booked three slots:
** 1. Monday 15-17 UTC for TC + Community Leaders
** 2. Thursday 13-17 UTC
** 3. Friday 13-17UTC
* We are collecting the PTG topics in etherpad[12], feel free to add any topic you want to discuss.

Test support for TLS default:
----------------------------------
* Rico has started a separate email thread over testing with tls-proxy enabled[13], we encourage projects
to participate in that testing and help to enable the tls-proxy in gate testing.

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[14].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [15]
3. Office hours: The Technical Committee offers a weekly office hour every Tuesday at 0100 UTC [16]
4. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/802833
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/799927
[3] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/openstack-irc-migration-to-oftc
[4] https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%2522oftc%2522+status:open