[TripleO] centos7 gate blocker (stable/train) please hold rechecks

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Mon Aug 2 09:51:17 UTC 2021

On Mon, Aug 2, 2021 at 11:39 AM Sorin Sbarnea <ssbarnea at redhat.com> wrote:

> I would have wished to see some active involvement on the upstream pip ticket and maybe even a PR to address the problem. IMHO, spending time on CI workarounds may not prove the best approach, especially for issues like this.
>
> I would invite others to become more involved with upstream project that affect us, especially those working on older platforms (hint centos7 and python 3.6).
>
> As pip maintainers mentioned, they time does not worth working around python 3.6 bugs, especially as it is like two months away for EOL. Still, they expressed willingness to review PRs from others!!!
>
> IMHO add the extra environment variables to all systems and containers is likely to be 10x more time consuming than fixing the problem upstream.

I think it is hard to disagree with any of what you wrote here Sorin.
As tripleo-ci ruck this sprint though you well know it's hard to dig
enough into any one thing to deliver the kind of fix you're
suggesting. I try and unblock us and then if i get really bored cos
everything is working swimminly I may revisit for this kind of issue.

If you are aware of a better way can you please go add some
information onto the bug as a first step? Even if you don't someone
else may then pick it up later?

regards, marios