[all][qa][cinder][octavia][murano] Devstack dropping support for Ubuntu Bionic 18.04

Luigi Toscano ltoscano at redhat.com
Fri Apr 30 08:53:32 UTC 2021

On Friday, 30 April 2021 00:25:12 CEST Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> As per the testing runtime since Victoria [1], we need to move our CI/CD to
> Ubuntu Focal 20.04 but it seems there are few jobs still running on Bionic.
> As devstack team is planning to drop the Bionic support you need to move
> those to Focal otherwise they will start failing. We are planning to merge
> the devstack patch by 2nd week of May.
>
> - https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/devstack/+/788754
>
> I have not listed all the job but few of them which were failing with '
> rtslib-fb-targetctl error' are below:
>
> Cinder- cinder-plugin-ceph-tempest-mn-aa
> -
> https://opendev.org/openstack/cinder/src/commit/7441694cd42111d8f24912f03f6
> 69eec72fee7ce/.zuul.yaml#L166

Looking at this job, I suspect the idea was just to use the proper nodeset
with an exiting job, and at the time the default nodeset was the bionic one. I
suspect we may avoid future bumps for this job (and probably others) by
defining a set of nodeset to track the default nodeset used by devstack.

We would just need openstack-single-node-devstackdefault, openstack-two-nodes-
devstackdefault.

Unfortunately the nodeset definitions don't support inheritance or aliases, so
that would mean duplicating some definition in the devstack repository, but
- it would be just one additional place to maintain
- aliasing could be added to zuul in the future maybe.

What do you think?

> python-cinderclient - python-cinderclient-functional-py36
> - https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/python-cinderclient/+/788834
>
> Octavia-
> https://opendev.org/openstack/octavia-tempest-plugin/src/branch/master/zuul
> .d/jobs.yaml#L182
>
> Murani- murano-dashboard-sanity-check
> -https://opendev.org/openstack/murano-dashboard/src/commit/b88b32abdffc171e6
> 650450273004a41575d2d68/.zuul.yaml#L15

For the record, this is the last legacy job left voting in the gates, but it
is a bit tricky to port, as it tries to run horizon integration tests with a
custom setup. It may be ported by just wrapping the old scripts in the
meantime, but I suspect it's broken anyway now.

--
Luigi