[qa][ptg] Summary of the discussed topics

Martin Kopec mkopec at redhat.com
Mon Apr 26 08:00:00 UTC 2021

Hi all,

here's a summary of the topics we have discussed during QA sessions:

* Migration of devstack and Tempest tests to new secure RBAC
There was a great discussion about this goal, many good points raised.
See the PTG etherpad for more details.

* Patrole execution time improvement
This is up for a few cycles already and is missing a volunteer. We will
discuss next
steps towards this goal during one of the following QA office hour meetings.

* What FeatureFreeze means for QA projects
We have discussed the types of changes we should avoid merging during
Feature
Freeze.

* Tempest plugins should use master tempest in their testing jobs
We have noticed that many check/gate CI jobs use latest tempest tag
(downloaded
form pip) instead of the master branch we may potentially lead to approving
changes
which are not compatible with the master branch of tempest.

* Fix backward compatibility of run-tempest role
We deprecated couple of tempest's CLI args and replaced them by new ones in
26.1.0, however, as it turns out the backward compatibility conditions in
run-tempest
role are not sufficient. We will try to create a stable job variant to be
used in jobs with
older tempest versions.

* Cleanup of duplicated scenario.manager
Announcing tempest.scenario.manager a stable interface in tempest 27.0.0
raises
a question when to remove the duplicated scenario.manager in plugins'
codebase.

* Whether to branch tempest
No, we won't. We wrote down all pros and cons. The main fact against is
that per an
agreement all stable releases + master should be tested with the same set
of tests.
However, we will discuss branching for EM with the release team.

Full discussion (PTG etherpad): https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/qa-xena-ptg
QA's priority items for Xena cycle:
https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/qa-xena-priority

Regards,