unable to access internet in instance

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Thu Apr 22 11:43:35 UTC 2021

On Thu, 2021-04-22 at 16:46 +0530, cloud learner wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have installed rocky on centos 7, as documented at openstack with 2 node
> controller and compute nodes, as mentioned in the document used vxlan and
> verified all the steps as mentioned in the document and all things are
> working fine but i am unable to access the internet in instances.
> kindly help me sort out this issue.

you have not mentioned what network backedn you are using or how you have connecte the hosts to the internet so there
is not much help we can provide without more infomation.

are you useing linux bridge or ovs?
do you have 1 port or 2+ ports per host.

if 2 ports did you confiugre  a flat/vlan external network and add your physical network router as the gateway
and set up static routes for the openstack external network subnets.

if you only have 1 port per host have you set up a dns masquage form the external network subnets so that the traffic can route back.

if you are behind a coperate firewall have you set teh dns name servers in your neutron subnets to one that is accessable if port 53 is blocked

https://www.rdoproject.org/networking/networking-in-too-much-detail/#network-host-external-traffic-kl
might help but there are many things that could be broken and without more info on what you have done i cant really direct you in what direction to
take to resolve it.