[wallaby] placement-status upgrade check error

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue Apr 20 21:20:19 UTC 2021

 ---- On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:48:07 -0500 Balazs Gibizer <balazs.gibizer at est.tech> wrote ----

 > On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 16:36, tjoen <tjoen at dds.nl> wrote:
 > > oslo.upgradecheck-1.3.0
 > >
 > > Python-3.9.4
 > >
 > > Got very basic Ussuri and Train working, skipped Victoria
 > >
 > > Stuck on
 > > https://docs.openstack.org/placement/wallaby/install/verify.html
 > >
 > > $ placement-status upgrade check
 > > Error:
 > > Traceback (most recent call last):
 > >   File
 > > "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/oslo_upgradecheck/upgradecheck.py",
 > > line 196, in run
 > >     return conf.command.action_fn()
 > >   File
 > > "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/oslo_upgradecheck/upgradecheck.py",
 > > line 104, in check
 > >     result = func_name(self, **kwargs)
 > >   File
 > > "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/oslo_upgradecheck/common_checks.py",
 > > line 41, in check_policy_json
 > >     policy_path = conf.find_file(conf.oslo_policy.policy_file)
 > >   File "/usr/lib/python3.9/site-packages/oslo_config/cfg.py", line
 > > 2543, in find_file
 > >     raise NotInitializedError()
 > > oslo_config.cfg.NotInitializedError: call expression on parser has
 > > not been invoked
 >
 > I can reproduce the same error locally in devstack with python3.8 So I
 > think this is a valid bug. I've reported a bug [1] and pushed a fix [2].

Yeah, check_policy_json now started searching the policy file from config dir
locations and so does require the full initialized object of CONFlike any other CLI.

I think we were missing the test for that new check otherwise it could have detected
in code change itself like I found in many other projects.

Thanks gibi for taking care of fix.

-gmann