[neutron] Xena PTG schedule

Luis Tomas Bolivar ltomasbo at redhat.com
Thu Apr 15 15:12:56 UTC 2021

Hi folks,

In relation to the "updating OVN to Support BGP Routing" session at the
next Neutron-Xena-PTG, I would like to bring up the attention to the next
effort for context and discussions during the session. We are working on a
solution based on FRR where a (python) agent reads from the OVN SB DB (port
binding events) and triggers FRR so that the needed routes get advertised.
It leverages host kernel networking to redirect the traffic to the OVN
overlay, and therefore does not require any modifications to ovn itself (at
least for now) though it won´t work for SR-IOV/DPDK use cases. The PoC code
can be found here: https://github.com/luis5tb/bgp-agent

There are a series of blog posts related to how to use it on OpenStack and
how it works:
- OVN-BGP agent introduction:
https://ltomasbo.wordpress.com/2021/02/04/openstack-networking-with-bgp/
- How to set ip up on DevStack Environment:
https://ltomasbo.wordpress.com/2021/02/04/ovn-bgp-agent-testing-setup/
- In-depth traffic flow inspection:
https://ltomasbo.wordpress.com/2021/02/04/ovn-bgp-agent-in-depth-traffic-flow-inspection/

See you next week!