[TripleO] stable/wallaby branching

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Fri Apr 9 16:02:26 UTC 2021

Hello TripleO,

quick update on the plan for stable/wallaby branching. The goal is to
release tripleo stable/wallaby just after PTG i.e. last week of April.

The tripleo-ci team have spent the previous sprint preparing and we
now have the integration and component pipelines in place [1][2]. As
of today we should also have the upstream check/gate multinode
branchful jobs. We are planning to use this current sprint to resolve
issues and ensure we have the CI coverage in place so we can safely
release all the tripleo things.

As we usually do, we are going to first branch python-tripleoclient
and tripleo-common so we can exercise and sanity check the CI jobs.
The stable/wallaby for client and common will appear after we merge
[3].

*** PLEASE AVOID *** posting patches to stable/wallaby
python-tripleoclient or tripleo-common until the CI team has completed
our testing. Basically until we are ready to create a stable/wallaby
for all the tripleo things (which will be announced in due course).

Obviously as always please speak up if you disagree with any of the
above or if something doesn't make sense or if you have any concerns
about the proposed timings

regards, marios

[1] https://review.rdoproject.org/zuul/builds?pipeline=openstack-periodic-integration-stable1
[2] https://review.rdoproject.org/zuul/builds?pipeline=openstack-component-tripleo