[docs] Project guides in PDF format

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Wed Apr 7 07:06:38 UTC 2021

On 07.04.21 03:16, Peter Matulis wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 8:09 PM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org
> <mailto:fungi at yuggoth.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 2021-03-29 19:47:24 -0400 (-0400), Peter Matulis wrote:
>      > I changed the testenv to 'pdf-docs' and the build is still being
>     skipped.
>      >
>      > Do I need to submit a PR to have this [1] set to 'false'?
>      >
>      > [1]:
>      >
>     https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-zuul-jobs/src/commit/01746b6df094c25f0cd67690b44adca0fb4ee1fd/zuul.d/jobs.yaml#L970
>     <https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-zuul-jobs/src/commit/01746b6df094c25f0cd67690b44adca0fb4ee1fd/zuul.d/jobs.yaml#L970>
>     [...]
>
>     Oh, yep that'll need to be adjusted or overridden as well. I see
>     that https://review.opendev.org/678077
>     <https://review.opendev.org/678077> explicitly chose not to do
>     PDF builds for deploy guides for the original PDF docs
>     implementation a couple of years ago. Unfortunately the commit
>     message doesn't say why, but maybe this is a good opportunity to
>     start.
>

> Any other thoughts before I propose a change to the below?
>
> https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-zuul-jobs/src/branch/master/zuul.d/jobs.yaml#L970
> <https://opendev.org/openstack/openstack-zuul-jobs/src/branch/master/zuul.d/jobs.yaml#L970>

I think it will not be enough, you need to set tox_pdf_envlist as well.

I suggest to propose such a change and make two tests - with depends-on:

1) For your repo to show that you build the deploy-guide as PDF and have
it in artifacts uploaded
2) For another use of the job that builds the normal docs as well to
check that the PDF for the deploy-guide is build and not the normal docs.

Andreas
--
  Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com Twitter: jaegerandi
   SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D 90409 Nürnberg