[qa][gate][stable][infra] stable stein|train py2 devstack jobs are broken

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Apr 6 16:47:56 UTC 2021

On 2021-04-06 17:51:50 +0200 (+0200), Pierre Riteau wrote:
> We've discussed this issue (which affects non-devstack jobs too) on
> #opendev and #openstack-qa. If I understood correctly, it is caused by
> a recent PyPI outage and their fallback infra not providing the
> data-requires-python metadata. While PyPI appears to be back to
> normal, some opendev mirrors (proxies really) are still serving
> indexes without data-requires-python, which suggests that bad PyPI
> servers may still be handling some of the requests.
[...]

Still speculation at this point, though the evidence points to that
happening (we've seen it several times in the past). Technically yes
our proxies are sometimes serving indices without the metadata, but
that tends to happen because PyPI's CDN is sometimes serving indices
without metadata to our proxies and not because of any actual
problem with our proxies.
--
Jeremy Stanley