[neutron][nova] Port binding fails when creating an instance

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Thu Apr 1 19:35:55 UTC 2021

Hi,

Dnia czwartek, 1 kwietnia 2021 14:44:21 CEST Maxime d'Estienne pisze:
> Hello,
>
> I spent a lot of time troubleshooting my issue, which I described here :
> https://serverfault.com/questions/1058969/cannot-create-an-instance-due-to-failed-binding
>
> To summarize, when I want to create an instance, binding fails on compute
> node, the dhcp agent seems to give an ip to the VM but I have an error.

What do You mean exactly? Failed binding of the port in Neutron? In such case
nova will not boot vm so it can't get IP from DHCP.

> I don't know where to dig, besides what I have done.

Please enable debug logs in neutron-server and look in its logs for the reason
why it failed to bind port on specific host.
Usually reason is dead L2 agent on host or mismatch in the agent's bridge
mappings configuration in the agent.

--
Slawek Kaplonski
Principal Software Engineer