[all] Gate resources and performance

Dan Smith dms at danplanet.com
Thu Apr 1 17:46:56 UTC 2021

> I'll try to circle back and generate a new set of numbers with
> my script, and also see if I can get updated numbers from Clark on the
> overall percentages.

Okay, I re-ran the numbers this morning and got updated 30-day stats
from Clark. Here's what I've got (delta from the last report in parens):

    Project     % of total  Node Hours     Nodes
    1. Neutron    23%       34h (-4)       30 (-2)
    2. TripleO    18%       17h (-14)      14 (-6)
    3. Nova        7%       22h (+1)       25 (-0)
    4. Kolla       6%       10h (-2)       18 (-0)
    5. OSA         6%       19h (-3)       16 (-1)

Definitely a lot of improvement from tripleo, so thanks for that!
Neutron rose to the top and is still very hefty. I think Nova's 1-hr
rise is probably just noise given the node count didn't change. I think
we're still waiting on zuulv3 conversion of the grenade multinode job so
we can drop the base grenade job, which will make things go down.

I've also got a proposal to make devstack parallel mode be the default,
but we're waiting until after devstack cuts wallaby to proceed with
that. Hopefully that will result in some across-the-board reduction.

Anyway, definitely moving in the right direction on all fronts, so
thanks a lot to everyone who has made efforts in this area. I think once
things really kick back up around/after PTG we should measure again and
see if the "quality of life" is reasonable, and if not, revisit the
numbers in terms of who to lean on to reduce further.

--Dan