[oslo] Project leadership

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Wed Sep 30 21:35:10 UTC 2020

Hi all,

As you may have noticed, we had no nominees for Oslo PTL again this
cycle. I said in my non-candidacy email that I don't think it would be
appropriate for me to continue in the position given the lack of
attention I've been paying over the past couple of cycles. My feelings
on that have not changed, so we need to figure out what we're going to
do from here on.

The general consensus from the people I've talked to seems to be a
distributed model. To kick off that discussion, here's a list of roles
that I think should be filled in some form:

* Release liaison
* Security point-of-contact
* TC liaison
* Cross-project point-of-contact
* PTG/Forum coordinator
* Meeting chair
* Community goal liaison (almost forgot this one since I haven't
actually been doing it ;-).

I've probably missed a few, but those are the the ones I came up with to
start. Obviously there's overlap between some of them, and we don't have
that many people on the team so there's going to be some combined roles.
It's also possible some roles could be handled cooperatively by the team
(we already have a coresec team, for example), but in general I favor
explicit assignments over vague "somebody will do it" statements. That
said, given my reduced role on the team I don't know how much say I get
in the matter. :-)

Anyway, I wanted to get this sent out because I'm going to be out on PTO
next week so I won't be available for the meeting. Feel free to discuss
it in my absence though.

Thanks.

-Ben