[election][designate] PTL candidacy for Wallaby

Michael Johnson johnsomor at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 19:36:16 UTC 2020

My fellow OpenStack community,
I would like to announce my candidacy for PTL of Designate for the
Wallaby cycle.

As you probably know I have been the Octavia PTL five times since the
Pike release. I will continue to be involved in the Octavia project,
but it is time for a change! I feel that allowing for leadership
change on projects is healthy and gives others the opportunity to
lead.

In my downstream day job I am becoming more involved in supporting
Designate as part of our OpenStack offering. This means I will be
contributing more to Designate and supporting the Designate community.

One of my Designate goals for the Wallaby release will be expanding
the documentation available. For example, I would like to create some
user cookbooks, similar to those in the Octavia documentation, that
would guide users through scenarios using Designate. I am also excited
to see a proposed patch for DNS “views” in Designate, so I will be
supporting that development effort in any way I can help.

Thank you for your support and your consideration for Wallaby,

Michael Johnson (johnsom)