[tripleo]] tripleo victoria rc1

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Mon Sep 28 07:38:31 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 10:16 AM Yatin Karel <ykarel at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Marios,
>
> << we don't normally/aren't expected to cut release candidates.
> However after discussion with and guidance from Wes I decided to
> propose an rc1 as practice since I << haven't used the new releases
> tool before [4].
> << The proposal is up at [1] but I've set -1 there on request from
> reviewers; we can't merge that until [2] merges first.
>
> Is this just about releasing RC Tags or changing the release-model
> that tripleo used to follow:- cycle-with-intermediary(cycle-trailing
> earlier) vs cycle-with-rc. Maybe you can share more context with the

this is just about bumping the git tags on the projects and not about
changing the release model.

> discussion points as to what's different this time and reasoning for
> the same to have a clear picture.

nothing different wrt the release model - see the diff it is just bumping
the hash and version
https://review.opendev.org/gitweb?p=openstack%2Freleases.git;a=commitdiff;h=43cca15e8525992f6c3bfba68d3421c64c960bf9
. We are just making a release to coincide with the wider openstack
Victoria RC1 even though we aren't expected to follow the rc model with our
'cycle with intermediary' on these projects.

> And if possible can you also share what's the plan for GA release for
> TripleO like how it will be this time.

So weshay is still PTL, and we haven't discussed this in any great detail,
except that we may have to delay a little bit cutting branch and releasing
victoria final.

Generally with rc tags stable branch is also cut but i don't see that
> in https://review.opendev.org/#/c/754346/. And i hope this will not be

right I guess the confusion is that this isn't a proper RC since we don't
have those 'officially' .It is just a version bump that coincides with the
victoria rc1 milestone end of last week.

hope it helps, also, did you forget to reply-all? should i send to the list
(just confirmed with ykarel and re-adding list to addresses)

thanks,

marios