[tripleo][ansible-ceph[ussuri][rdo][centos8] fails on ansible-ceph execution.

John Fulton johfulto at redhat.com
Mon Sep 21 15:27:04 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 11:11 AM Ruslanas Gžibovskis <ruslanas at lpic.lt> wrote:

> Yes, I do not have vdb... I have sda sdb sdc sde sdd... and I believe it might have come from   journal_size: 16384 ? here is a part of conf file...
>   CephAnsibleDiskConfig:
>     devices:
>       - /dev/sdc
>       - /dev/sde
>       - /dev/sdd
>     osd_scenario: lvm
>     osd_objectstore: bluestore
>     journal_size: 16384 # commented this out now.

If you used the above, perhaps in foo.yaml, but got the error message
you shared, then I suspect you are deploying with your parameters in
the wrong order. You should use the following order:

openstack overcloud deploy --templates \
-e /usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/ceph-ansible/ceph-ansible.yaml
\
-e foo.yaml

If the order of arguments is such that foo.yaml precedes
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/ceph-ansible/ceph-ansible.yaml
then the CephAnsibleDisksConfig will override what was set in foo.yaml
and instead use the default in
/usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/environments/ceph-ansible/ceph-ansible.yaml
which uses a disk you don't have.

Also, please do not use journal_size it is deprecated and that
parameter doesn't make sense for bluestore. As linked from the
documentation ceph-volume batch mode
(https://docs.ceph.com/en/latest/ceph-volume/lvm/batch/) should do the
right thing if you modify the above (and just drop journal size).

  John