[tripleo][ansible-ceph[ussuri][rdo][centos8] fails on ansible-ceph execution.

John Fulton johfulto at redhat.com
Mon Sep 21 13:54:39 UTC 2020

In [2] I see Error: Could not stat device /dev/vdb - No such file or directory.

/dev/vdb is the default and as per the logs it doesn't exist on your
HCI node. For your HCI node you need to have a block device (usually a
dedicated disk) which can be configured as an OSD and you need to pass
the path to it as described in the following section of the doc.

https://docs.openstack.org/project-deploy-guide/tripleo-docs/latest/features/ceph_config.html#configure-osd-settings-with-ceph-ansible

Also, ensure your disk is factory clean or the ceph tools won't
initialize it as an OSD. The easiest way to do this is to configure
ironic's automatic node cleaning.

  John