[rpm-packaging][packaging][sigs] Moving to a packaging SIG

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Sep 18 13:19:47 UTC 2020

Jean-Philippe Evrard wrote:
> [...] You would keep your repos, and can still propose releases (if I am not mistaken).

Clarification: you can still do releases (by pushing tags, as described
in [1]), but the release management team is no longer responsible for
them (so you're not using openstack/releases to propose them).

The choice is either:
- you go with project team, deliverables considered part of the
OpenStack release, you need release liaisons and accountability (PTL),
and the release management team has oversight over releases
or:
- you go with SIG, your deliverables are considered separate from the
openstack release (but still count towards "an openstack contribution"
as far as governance is concerned), and you organize yourself however
you want.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)