[Neutron][python-openstackclient][openstacksdk][FFE] Add source_ip_prefix and destination_ip_prefix to metering label rules

Slawek Kaplonski skaplons at redhat.com
Thu Sep 17 12:42:53 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 05:39:29PM -0300, Rafael Weingärtner wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I would like to ask for FFE for the RFE "Add source_ip_prefix and
> destination_ip_prefix to metering label rules", [1].
> This feature adds source and destination filtering options to Neutron
> metering label rules. Most of the patches (PRs) relating to this feature
> have already been reviewed, and are ready to be merged [2]. Moreover, the
> feature has already been partially merged into Neutron and Neutron-lib.
> Therefore, it might be interesting to finish the merging process and get
> the feature into Victoria.

Based on the fact that we already merged e.g.
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/746203/
which deprecated old parameters I think that we should accept this FFE and merge
this RFE in this cycle.
Also it is limited to metering agent only and is "just" adding new parameters so
old ones can be still used as before.

--
Slawek Kaplonski
Senior software engineer