[horizon][dev] Horizon.next

Apsey, Christopher CAPSEY at augusta.edu
Tue Sep 15 15:39:40 UTC 2020

Horizon team,

I recently picked up a few talented dev interns, and one of them is very interested in webdev and quite skilled.  He will have up to 25 hours/week to devote to development tasks of my choosing over the 8 months or so, and I'd like to offer him up as someone who can spend all of his time working with the horizon team on horizon.next (npm-based).  We rely on horizon heavily internally, and a better experience for the end-user is pretty high on our list (particularly performance-wise).  He has no experience developing in the OpenStack ecosystem, but is otherwise ready to 'get to work' after process/code familiarization.  Can anyone on the horizon team offer up some cycles to help get him spun up/integrated?  Or is the best bet just pointing him at the IRC channel?

Thanks

Chris Apsey
GEORGIA CYBER CENTER