Is Storyboard really the future?

Radosław Piliszek radoslaw.piliszek at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 06:59:25 UTC 2020

On Sun, Sep 13, 2020 at 8:46 PM Thomas Goirand <thomas at goirand.fr> wrote:

> On 9/10/20 6:45 PM, Radosław Piliszek wrote:
> > I feel you. I could not so far convince anyone to support me to work
> > on it, mostly because
> > Jira/GitHub/GitLab/Launchpad exists.
> > Not to mention many small internal projects are happy with just Trello. :-)
>
> Did you just try to list all the non-free services you could in this
> thread? Seriously, don't you care a little bit? You probably don't
> realize it, but that's shocking, at least for me, and hopefully I'm not
> the only one.

I feel offended by the accusations.
I *do* care about open source.

Jeremy has already answered regarding GitLab and Launchpad.
Let's not forget GitHub actually *is* the largest, diverse open source
community,
even though the service itself is not. It hurts me as well so please don't just
randomly attack people mentioning non-free software.
It can support open source software as well.

> If the project was to take such direction as to use this kind of
> non-free services, I probably would reconsider my involvement (which
> soon will reach 10 years of Debian packaging...).

I did not propose that in any part. Launchpad is FLOSS and that is my proposal.
The general idea behind my mail was to emphasise that Storyboard has
great aspirations
and assumptions but is far from delivering its full potential so
should not be recommended without
giving background and other possible solutions.

-yoctozepto