Floating IP problem in HA OVN DVR with TripleO

Reza Bakhshayeshi reza.b2008 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 13:53:44 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I deployed an environment with TripleO Ussuri with 3 HA Controllers and
some Compute nodes with neutron-ovn-dvr-ha.yaml
Instances have Internet access through routers with SNAT traffic (in this
case traffic is routed via a controller node), and by assigning IP address
directly from provider network (not having a router).

But in case of assigning FIP from provider to an instance, VM Internet
connection is lost.
Here is the output of router nat lists, which seems OK:

# ovn-nbctl lr-nat-list 587182a4-4d6b-41b0-9fd8-4c1be58811b0
TYPE             EXTERNAL_IP        EXTERNAL_PORT    LOGICAL_IP
 EXTERNAL_MAC         LOGICAL_PORT
dnat_and_snat    X.X.X.X                      192.168.0.153
fa:16:3e:0a:86:4d    e65bd8e9-5f95-4eb2-a316-97e86fbdb9b6
snat             Y.Y.Y.Y                      192.168.0.0/24

I replaced FIP with X.X.X.X and router IP with Y.Y.Y.Y

When I remove * EXTERNAL_MAC* and *LOGICAL_PORT*, FIP works fine and as it
has to be, but traffic routes from a Controller node and it won't be
distributed anymore.

Any idea or suggestion would be grateful.
Regards,
Reza