[tripleo] docker.io rate limiting

Dimitri Savineau dsavinea at redhat.com
Fri Sep 4 17:26:00 UTC 2020

Hi,

We're currently in the progress of using the quay.ceph.io registry [1] with
a copy of the ceph container images from docker.io and consumed by the
ceph-ansible CI [2].

Official ceph images will still be updated on docker.io.

Note that from a ceph-ansible point of view, switching to the quay.ceph.io
registry isn't enough to get rid of the docker.io registry when deploying
with the Ceph dashboard enabled.
The whole monitoring stack (alertmanager, prometheus, grafana and
node-exporter) coming with the Ceph dashboard is still using docker.io by
default [3][4][5][6].

As an alternative, you can use the official quay registry (quay.io) for
altermanager, prometheus and node-exporter images [7] from the prometheus
namespace like we're doing in [2].
Only the grafana container image will still be pulled from docker.io.

Regards,

Dimitri

[1] https://quay.ceph.io/repository/ceph-ci/daemon?tab=tags
[2] https://github.com/ceph/ceph-ansible/pull/5726