[kolla] questions when using external mysql

sosogh sosogh at 126.com
Tue Sep 1 07:23:51 UTC 2020

Hi list:

I want to use kolla-ansible to deploy openstack , but using external mysql.
I am following these docs:

https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/latest/user/quickstart.html

https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/latest/reference/databases/external-mariadb-guide.html.

I have some questions:

################
##  Question 1 ##
################

 According to the offical doc , if setting it  in inventory file(multinode),

kolla-ansible -i ./multinode deploy will throw out error:

I guest when kolla-ansible running the playbook against myexternalmariadbloadbalancer.com ,

the """register: find_custom_fluentd_inputs""" in """TASK [common : Find custom fluentd input config files]"""  maybe null .

################
##  Question 2 ##
################

 According to the offical doc , If the MariaDB username is not root, set database_username in /etc/kolla/globals.yml file:

But in kolla-ansible/ansible/roles/xxxxxx/tasks/bootstrap.yml  , they use  ''' login_user: "{{ database_user }}"  ''' , for example :

So at last  , I took the following steps:
1. """not""" setting [mariadb] in inventory file(multinode)
2. set "database_user: openstack" for  "privillegeduser"

PS:
My idea is that if using an external ready-to-use mysql (cluster),
it is enough to tell kolla-ansible only the address/user/password of the external DB.
i.e. setting them in the file /etc/kolla/globals.yml and passwords.yml , no need to add it into inventory file(multinode)

Finally , it is successful to  deploy openstack via kolla-ansible .
So far I have not found any problems.
 Are the steps what I took  good ( enough ) ?
Thank you !