[kolla] Setting up eth1 on VM for AIO

Braden, Albert C-Albert.Braden at charter.com
Thu Oct 29 11:39:19 UTC 2020

I'm trying to setup an allinone kolla-ansible Train POC on a VM, and I'm following the instructions here:

https://docs.openstack.org/kolla-ansible/train/user/quickstart.html

Under "Prepare initial configuration" where it talks about globals.yml, it says I need 2 network interfaces:

network_interface: "eth0"
neutron_external_interface: "eth1"

My VM has a private IP and a floating IP that I use to ssh to it:

| ID                                   | Name              | Status  | Networks                              | Image           | Flavor         |
| 41f6782a-8ca8-4ab4-8fdc-776584139ba0 | adjutant-poc      | ACTIVE  | private=<primary IP>, <floating IP>  |                 | s1-standard-08 |

I tried various options for eth1 but I can't seem to get it to work:

[root at adjutant-poc network-scripts]# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
DEVICE=eth1
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
NM_CONTROLLED=no

I tried creating another port and adding it but that didn't seem to make a difference. What am I doing wrong? Do I really need 2 network interfaces on the VM? If so, what's the correct way to add one?

[root at adjutant-poc network-scripts]# service network restart
Restarting network (via systemctl):  Job for network.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status network.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
                                                          [FAILED]

Log:

http://paste.debian.net/1168982/

I apologize for the nonsense below. So far I have not been able to stop it from being attached to my external emails. I'm working on it.

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or storage of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.