[operators][telemetry] Quick Telemetry survey

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Wed Oct 28 20:39:21 UTC 2020

On 28/10/2020 14:25, Matthias Runge wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> you may have seen, not much has been happening lately in OpenStack
> Telemetry. However, there have been interesting talks at the recent
> OpenInfra Summit.
>
> I would like to gather some data on current Telemetry usage in order to
> be able to focus a bit better[1]. There is not much value in keeping
> projects alive, if nobody uses them. At the same time, we may want to
> increase focus/contribution on often used projects.
>
> In order to help with the data, please fill in the form[1] and also feel
> free to forward this form to interested parties.
>
> Thank you,
> Matthias
>
> [1] https://forms.gle/EmncAxggRcG8r31b9

Hi,

thank you for the first responses. I see the questions

* Do you use Billing or Chargeback and if yes, which service
* Do you use Autoscaling and if yes, which service

are a bit vague or not clear enough.

I would like to know which service is used for billing, or for autoscaling.

I wouldn't want to restart this form, and there is no need to fill this
again (it is not really scientific anyways), but if you'd like to
clarify responses, feel free to fill out the form again.

Thanks a lot, this helps us all.

Matthias