[magnum] hyperkube deprecation situation

feilong feilong at catalyst.net.nz
Sat Oct 24 19:03:38 UTC 2020

Hi Ionut,

We have already made the decision actually, we would like to support
both binary and container for kubelet. Spyros has started the work with
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/748141/ and we will backport it to
Victoria. At this stage, if you need to use latest k8s version, the
simple way is building your own hyperkube image which is not difficult.
You can just copy the folder
https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/tree/v1.18.8/cluster/images/hyperkube
to the version you want to build images and follow the process. Or, you
can use the hyperkube image built by 3rd parties, e.g. rancher. Please
let me know if you need more information.

--
Cheers & Best regards,
Feilong Wang (王飞龙)
Email: flwang at catalyst.net.nz
Catalyst IT Limited
Level 6, Catalyst House, 150 Willis Street, Wellington